customer service free zone

Guest's review of David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

“customer service free zone”

Written on: 15/11/2012

I was thrilled to join my new David Lloyd club in Farnham when it opened last year. The facilities are fabulous and there is a lovely feeling of spaciousness. Membership is expensive compared to other gyms but I didn't mind paying for what I thought was the best.
The staff on the desk are great but behind the scences customer service just doesn't seem to exist.
There is a comments box which apparently is emptied daily. The first time I placed a comment requiring a response in it I heard nothing for two weeks and had to request a response. The second time, remembering past experience I requested a response after one week!
I requested information about David lloyd the man,his story and how his business empire came about and was told to look it up on the internet.
My membership didn't include use of the spa, for that I was required to pay £24. I decided to do this one day with a friend who wasn't a member. She was given a robe and flip flops and I was told my membership didn't allow me these!
I was surprised that even afer a monthly payment of £59 and a one off payment of £24 they still felt the need not to allow me all the benefits they offered but more importantly it put my friend off joining. Who would want to join a club that implemented policies like this?
When I tired to talk about it with the management I again had to request a response and then only got a message on my answerphone saying 'that's just how it is'.
I rang back and left a message on their answerphone saying I wished to discuss it further in particular about how badly it reflected on David Lloyd. I got no response.
Shortly afterwards I received a notice to say the fees had gone up so I handed in mine.
The membership manager asked for my reasons for leaving which gave me a little hope of further discussion or perhaps even an apology or policy change but, guess what.....I had no reply.
To me no amount of shiny new facilites are worth rubbish customer service.