Blackburn Haslingden Road

Guest's review of DW Sports Fitness www.dwfitnessclubs.com

DW Sports Fitness www.dwfitnessclubs.com

“Blackburn Haslingden Road”

Written on: 29/06/2013

I've been a member of this gym, on and off, for over 5 years. I've found that DW has declined since my early days. Memberships used to include personal training sessions and there was always at least two staff patrolling the floor, which was handy if you needed advice. These days you don't see any. Now you have to pay something like £30 an hour for a trainer. The one I got wanted £90 upfront for three sessions and vanished after just one.

A lot of the equipment is still there from when I first started, although they have got new treadmills in and now finally upgraded to widescreen TVs, even though they have ended their music video channel.

Staff come and go quicker than you can row, most are pleasant, but a few are just plain miserable and don't make you feel welcome at all.

The changing areas are usually kept clean, although I spilt some talc yesterday and it was still there today.

You can pretty much always get a parking space, even though a lot of members insist on parking as close to the entrance as possible, so this means parking in disabled bays and on the kerbs.

Overall the club serves it's purpose, we are there to get fit and that is possible. I just really hope they don't go too OTT with inviting teens in to the club, it already has the feel of a social club with all the pensioners.