Awful Contract - Beware

Slouchy's review of DW Sports Fitness www.dwfitnessclubs.com

DW Sports Fitness www.dwfitnessclubs.com

“Awful Contract - Beware”

Written on: 06/12/2012 by Slouchy (1 review written)

I had had no issues with DW Fitness Byker until recently. I suspended my membership with DW back in February because I was going away travelling for six months. DW then started the direct-debit again in September but because I was away, I did not realise until November. That was £90 that had been withdrawn and I was not even in the country. There had been no phone call, no text, no email to ask if I had returned and wished to carry on using their facilities.

When I called them to dispute this, I was put through to the manager who just kept reiterating that they could only go off what was there in writing. Fair enough? But then I was asked for a further calendar month's notice. So again, I had to pay out the £29.95, for another month I had not used the gym. They called me every day and emailed until I paid the outstanding debt. What is £29.95 to a corporation like them anyway? And it is funny that they will call you again and again to get money from you but wouldn't call you once to warn you that your direct debit was starting again after 6 months.

So in total that was £120 I had paid to DW Fitness Byker without using their facilities once. I was not even in the same country for the first three months. It is almost Christmas and I have no money.

Thanks Dave Whelan. Merry Christmas.