cancelation joke

Guest's review of DW Sports Fitness www.dwfitnessclubs.com

DW Sports Fitness www.dwfitnessclubs.com

“cancelation joke”

Written on: 03/12/2012

Been at the gym for 2 years, wife had a baby, paused my membership untill i could go back. i was told they would get in touch before december to see if i wanted to continue going. they never got in touch but started my payments again and since i didnt have the money in the bank i got charged a fortune off my bank too.

spoke to the manager and she said if i do want to cancel i have to pay for an extra month, when i was only 1 day into this month. she also had nothing to say when i said you would ring me nearer the time to discuss my options and you never. so thats 2 month i have to pay for and a charge of my bank, and i wont even step in the place once. cheers DWs.

send a warning notice out before you start taking payments again please.

Slouchy's Comment

Written on: 06/12/2012

I completely understand. I had a similar sort of issue. See my latest post!

Lolathecat's Comment

Written on: 18/04/2013

I've had the same sort of issue, although disputing this with DW....

The contract says you must provide "one full calendar month notice".

However, I understand that the legal definition of a calendar month is as “a period from a specified day in one month to the day numerically corresponding to that day in the following month, less one e.g. 7th January to 6th February”. I can't see anywhere in the contract that says it must be to the end of the following month. I don't believe that the word "full" would be interpreted as being anything other than a whole calendar month (i.e. the same definition as "a calendar month") and simply clarifies it is not part of a calendar month.

However, they are threatening to take me to court so let's see what the District Judge has to say...