Filthy, poorly maintained, pool is a disgrace...

sciamo's review of Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

“Filthy, poorly maintained, pool is a disgrace...”

Written on: 17/07/2013 by sciamo (2 reviews written)

I do hope you take the time to read this review. I hope it will help you to make good choices.

Bannatynes Quay Street is one of three Bannatynes gyms in Manchester City Centre. Although they are the same company, if you want to use your membership in another location they don't share data and you'll have to manually sign in.

The Gym: The gym is spacious and well equipped. People there are gym fit, fat, hairy, average - all sorts. You'll feel comfortable no matter what. The equipment is new, but it is not well maintained. This is an ongoing issue with the gym I complained three weeks in a row about one of the bikes wobbling, and it was fixed after three weeks. It wasn't the first time it took this long to get them to fix something. If you use rowing machines, they didn't replace these and they are falling apart. How much are those plastic spray bottles with the cleaner in them? Well there are supposed to be about five of them around the gym. Each and every time I am there I have to go ask them to replace them. How can that be? The paper towels are almost always out too. This place is not interested in hygiene.

The Pool: complete joke. It breaks down all the time and they don't bother to put up signs. It gets colder ever month and they seem to be lowering the temperature to save money. The worst part is that they don't clean it. I have been there for six months and they haven't cleaned it once. I have seen feminine napkins and tampons in there, the same ones, for over a month. There are hair clips and plasters. There is dirt. It is disgusting.

The Changing Rooms: They are spacious and nice. The showers are private and nice. Mens could use more cleaning but that's probably a man thing. The supplies (e.g. soap and bags for your wet items) are almost always out. Many of the doors are broken.

I want to point out here, I have told management this. In fact I have told the corporation about this. Nothing was done. I provided them the opportunity to take action and they didn't. So if they respond to this letter on this website, they're blowing hot air.

Ultimately, I highly suggest that you talk to your friends and get some opinions of people that go there. As for me, I won't be suggesting it to anyone. I am currently looking for a new gym.