Unapproachable, heavy handed - steer clear of Bannatyne Gyms

Booth A's review of Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

“Unapproachable, heavy handed - steer clear of...”

Written on: 02/10/2012 by Booth A (3 reviews written)

A tip for all of you who are trying to get out of contracts - offer to send in a petition - My club removed the scales from the changing rooms & replaced them with ones you have to pay £1. We used to get weighed all the time - not unreasonable in a gym - so it was going to cost us a fortune plus the new scales were inaccurate as they measure your height & gave me 3 different readings so BMI was wrong. We asked if the free scales could be put back alongside the new ones - as the decision was financially motivated answer was no - many members felt same way so I asked Bannatynes if they would reconsider if I sent in a petition so they could see the strength of feeling. Next thing I had their lawyer calling me at work - inappropriate -then later telling me they "don't respond well to media threats". A cheque was in the post the next day with a refund of my membership. Now since when has a petition been a "threat" ?? Even the Government have a website to register petiitions. Bannatynes are not interesed in member views or customer satisfaction, decisions are financially motivated and to get a lawyer to call me at work is not only inappropriate but threatning behavior on THEIR part. I am happy to be rid of them espcially having read other members experiences and the alleged stories of bullying tactics freely available on the internet. Steer clear of this chain - anyone who expresses their view is deemed as disruptive & they are not interested in members only how much money they can make.