Good facitilities, hard to cancel membership

Guest's review of Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

“Good facitilities, hard to cancel membership”

Written on: 13/03/2012

I was a member of the bannatynes gym at Wakefield for 3 years, very clean and all equipment was well maintain and very friendly staff.

The ony problem i had with bannatynes was when it come to canceling my contract, you have to give 3 months notice, which i did in writting but they then claimed that i had not given any notice at all and was trying to get me to pay a further 3 months of fee's. i sent email's and letters to the gym explaning that i had given them notice so i was not going to pay, and got no reply from them at all .

3 months later i recived an invoice demanding i pay the 3 months in full imediatly.

conclusion, be very carfull when canceling the contract

Guest's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2012

Interesting. I have a Bannatynes down the road and expressed interest in joining a few years ago. I was very put off by the fact that they can't (or won't!) give you a simple breakdown of monthly/annual fees. I was told I would have to book a tour first but, if it was out of my price range why would I want to see it? And of course when I finally got some information it is indeed an expensive option. I decided not to join as I couldn't tie myself into the minimum contract and I was very wary of their attitude. I don't like companies which don't make their pricing clear from the start. I have since been rung three or four times to see whether I am interested in joining. Ultimately it is not the price that has put me off. It is this sort of obscure policy. I sense there would be trouble if you didn't read the small print with a microscope and therefore will keep away from it.