Bannatyne's Colchester: lousy disability parking!

tedslegs's review of Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

“Bannatyne's Colchester: lousy disability parking!”

Written on: 27/01/2012 by tedslegs (1 review written)

I joined the club in order to recover from a serious accident - and being able to have a swim there nearly every day has helped me tremendously.
Reception staff are on the whole, very pleasant.
The pool is excellent, as are the family changing facilities - which are roomy with integrated shower -a boon to disabled people.
There is also a disabled-access toilet and from there, it is a few short steps until you are at the poolside.
There is graduated access into the pool and walking sticks or crutches can be hung up near the door so they don't get wet and dangerously slippery!
My only problem is not with Bannatynes per se - but the pig-headed selfishness of a significant minority of members; who do are neither disabled, nor blue badge holders - yet they persistently monopolise the 3 blue badge disability parking spaces. I actually do have a blue badge, but can never be sure that we will be able to park close enough to the building.
Of course, the staff are not paid to keep tabs on such mean-minded idiots, who perhaps believe that people with walking difficulties are not interested in keeping fit.
I have suggested that a polite notice could be displayed in the foyer, but have had no response to this idea as yet.
The Bannatyne corporate model does not even permit sponsored charity swim posters to be displayed at the club - so I'm not holding my breath!