Rude & money grabbing

ann-mariexx's review of Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

“Rude & money grabbing”

Written on: 08/11/2011 by ann-mariexx (1 review written)

I've been a member for 4 years. Never missed a payment and recommended friends. Unfortunately I had to change bank accounts as I was subject to identity fraud. All my direct debits were automatically transferred however Bannatynes were not able to handle this administration and simply barred me from gaining access to the gym. No notification at all. I have been informed I am not allowed access until I pay one month up front, complete a new direct debit form and pay £10 admin fee! When I tried to talk to staff to explain the situation they spoke back to me as though I was a criminal. If you don't pay up no you are not allowed in! I have put in a request for cancellation however I have to give 3 months notice and still pay the £10 admin fee. I found the staff so rude and upsetting during a difficult time and have no intention of returning.

Clare2011's Response to ann-mariexx's Review

Written on: 02/03/2012

The £10 fee is for your swipe card, and it sounds like you gave the staff a pretty hard time about it.