Mis-sold contracts

Guest's review of Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

“Mis-sold contracts”

Written on: 08/07/2011

Hi I joined Bannatynes with my partner just over a year ago, when we joined I had been put on a no term contract as i had previously been a member but was told I had to give three months notice to cancel the contract, being slightly dubious the ever so helpfull member of staff told me he would put a three months rolling notice on my file so i could actually leave when ever I wanted as long as i stayed for the first three months and if i chose to stay it would just keep rolling over. My partner also joined but had a year contract with the three months notice, we were told again by the helpfull staff member that it would be put on his file that the notice would begin in 9 months and roll like mine so he could leave at the end of the year if that is what he wanted.
Yey skip to a year and a couple of months later when my partner goes to work in France so pops over to the gym to cancel his contract, no sign of the note being put on his file so they want three months payment to cancel it. Contact head office they say the same to him. I contcat head office who tell me we both must give three months notice payment and that there was nothing on our file to suggest we had been offered this (obviously we are both liars) infact they suggest as a gesture of good will they will take 20% off the price by this time another month has went by so we have paid one month of the notice anyway. I have cancelled the direct debit and awaiting to see what happens from that.
They refuse to answer the questions i ask them about being told the three month rolling contract will be on the file and just keep repeating that i signed a contract. yes I did sign a contract but based on what i was told am sure they wouldn't have written a new contract for us when they are standard. I am not happy at all and would not suggest anyone joins with Bannatynes and if they do insist the contract has everything in they tell you.