Unspeakable rudeness

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

PoppyG's review of Milan, Worsley

“Unspeakable rudeness”

Written on: 15/10/2012 by PoppyG (1 review written)

We contacted the Milan about a lunchtime buffet for 20-25 people to follow my mum's funeral. The waitress we spoke to was helpful and she suggested that it should be possible to create a buffet from the bar menu - we arranged to call in and discuss this. When we arrived, she told us that the manager had left a note of what the buffet could be - 3 (presumably large) plates of pasta, 3 pizzas, some bland salad and gateau with cream for £11.95 per head (i.e. £240 - £300 before drinks and service)! We explained that this was much too basic and heavy and would prefer the bar menu options. When we returned home, a British man who said he was 'one of the managers' rang and told us that what we had asked for was out of the question as it was 'too much trouble' for them to guage the amounts then said 'Look this isn't negotiable, this is what we can offer as this is what is easy for us' - by this time he was pretty much shouting down the phone and.. when I asked if we cold compromise he said 'I don't want to negotiate, in fact I am telling you now that we can't help you'. I was completely amazed, not only by his unspeakable rudeness but to think that a restaurant in a suburban backwater and not close to a hub of offices can afford to turn down week-day lunchtime trade on this scale. I see that the Milan is recommended as a local eating option on the web site of the Marriott Park Hotel. We didn't get to sample the food, but judging by the other reviews on this site, I guess not too many people would eat there twice. Appalling!