Don't waste your time.

Guest's review of Pareto Law- www.pareto.co.uk

“Don't waste your time.”

Written on: 24/05/2013

Since this was my first assessment centre experience I can't say it was/will be my worst. But it definately wasn't good.

The first problem was that on their inital job advertisement it sounded like you were going to work FOR them (I wanted to be a recruitment consultant at the time). I then learnt that you have to pass the assessment day for them to consider finding you a job. I was not the only person confused by this and many though it was a wasted journey.

The assessment day in itself was nothing spectacular however seemed to be focused on two things only. Team building and confidence. Alot of people say they employ people who speak over the rest, I won't say this is strictly true but I can definately see why they say this.

The day was long winded.. No lunch or refreshments, they were fine if you needed a toilet break, but it was very nerve racking and you were being observed from the moment you got there. Also unlike the telephone interview, they showed no interest in the position you were applying for and their so called "one to one interview" was literally a questionnaire. No time for them to get to know you or your career prospects.

All in all I find their assessment days abit unfair. They only want a particular type of person(s). If your not loud and confident and able to make yourself known, in a professional mannor ofcourse, don't bother. All they want is confident, maybe cocky, sales people.

Ss90's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2013

Couldnt agree more. I had a very similar experience!!!