Powerbug Pro Sport

Guest's review of PowerBug Golf Trolleys

PowerBug Golf Trolleys

“Powerbug Pro Sport”

Written on: 24/12/2013

The Pro Sport is my third Powerbug trolley over a period of ten years. During this period I had three - the original with L handle; the Sport and finally the Pro Sport. Other than two speed control switches (takes 5 mins to replace even for the lease mechanical of us) all three have been 100% reliable.Also during this period at least 25 of my golfing pals have bought various Powerbug models and again, no breakdowns whatsoever - speed control switch being the exception, in some cases.
The Powerbug, Motocaddy and Trooper are all made by the same company in China. This company specialises in the manufacture of light aircraft and these trolleys reflect that company's exceptional design and manufacturing standards. Powerbug and Trooper have less gizmos than Motocaddy and the price reflects that.
IMO steer clear of Powakaddy (and derivatives of which there are lots) as they are significantly more expensive, are structurally and mechanically inferior and are plagued by design and quality issues. If you don't believe me just have a look on ebay and see the number of mechanical spare parts therein. There's a good reason for that.
For the record I have no association with Powerbug. I've posted this review for the benefit of others who might be swithering about which trolley to buy.

Robpowerbug's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2014

Thank you for your comments.
From 2008 we were able to 'switch' from the old potentiomitor speed control to a new digital platform. The old style was a mechanical solution and as with all moving parts did wear out. With the PowerBug brand expanding across Europe, growing production numbers gave us an economy of scale making the affordability of a digital platform a reality.
The good news... we believe that we have the most reliable product on the market
The bad news... Our on line spares sales are appalling!

Happy Golfing!