Powakaddy Freeway 2

Hawkeye157's review of Powakaddy Freeway

Powakaddy Freeway

“Powakaddy Freeway 2 ”

Written on: 27/01/2012 by Hawkeye157 (1 review written)

Powakaddy Freeway 2 not fit for purpose was my court ruling which is great news for all other PK owners. I did what PK told me to do and took my retailer / PK to court and won a 100% refund plus costs and compo after they wanted a £100 to upgrade to the PK sport which I refused.

I had 3 new trolleys, 4 new screens, a new gear box and a broken axle, speed control problems in the time period I had the trolleys.

Very disappointed with the performance and service I received, even the Chief Executive could not be bothered to reply to my letter from the one time leader in electrical trollies.

I'm going to try the Mottocaddy S3 before going down the route of buying one.

Mumsie42's Response to Hawkeye157's Review

Written on: 24/02/2012

Hawkeye - am challenging Powakaddy to replace my Freeway II again! Can I ask did you take them through the small claims court?

Written on: 17/10/2012

I actually bought a S1 Mottocaddy + a Garmin watch with my proceeds from my dealings with Powakaddy. So far the S1 has performed well with no problems unlike the three Powakaddy fw2's I had in 18 months. I also bought a Mottocaddy bag and they replaced the faulty rainhood no problem. It's nice to deal with good customer services who resolve the problem with no hassle to the customer.
I gather Powakaddy isn't doing too good with all the cheap imported parts they are using!.

Thegolfbuggyman's Response to Hawkeye157's Review

Written on: 05/10/2012

How did the imported Motocaddy S3 work out.
Made in UK ?????
The old Powakaddy were made in UK.
The Greenhill, Golf Glider, Golf Stream etc are still made of same parts as old Powakaddy Caddymatic and Powerdrive, very reliable for over 20 years.

Written on: 29/07/2012

Hi, you firstly need to contact your retailer in writing, listing all the faults and when they happened. They have the right to repair the fault but if it's still reoccurring you have your rights under the sale of goods act and you can contact consumer direct if your still not happy for professional advice. The small claim court avenue is a last resort if you are getting no where with your retailer but looking the process up on line is quite straight forward.
Goods should be fit purpose and after reading most of the Powakaddy comments they are not. Good luck and if you need any further info just let me know.
Hawkeye.

Colmac09's Response to Hawkeye157's Review

Written on: 23/07/2012

Good for you Hawkeye, I`ve had same problems. May`be you could give us other Freeway owners some details of how you went through the process of taking retailer to small claims court, A step by step guide of your experience would be very much appreciated by myself and others.

thanx

Mumsie42's Response to Hawkeye157's Review

Written on: 01/03/2012

Thanks for that

Written on: 29/02/2012

Hi, just seen your reply, I had to take my retailer to the small claims court and he had to pay me out, he then had to come to an agreement with powakaddy to get his costs back.
You need to deal with your retailer direct and ask for a full refund. If you want to discuss further contact me. Barrie.