Solid, quality, accurate.

Riley1's review of Ping i10

Ping i10

“Solid, quality, accurate.”

Written on: 09/12/2012 by Riley1 (1 review written)

First of all, These irons have even the bag for almost 2 years (other than my trusty anser 2 putter of 8 years). Have played at least 2 full rounds a week, summer or winter, no matter what the weather, also they have been hammered at the range. So I have given them a chance to preform or let ghem expose my swing flaws. Other than regripping, not aged or showing signs of wear. Play to a 18 handicap. Now, whilst not the most forgiving, hit it high into the air irons on the market, such as super game improvement callaway big bertha or Diablo, , Ping G10, mizuno mx800 to name a few. The i10's do something different, let me explain. I have 4 iron to 54 SW with tour W 58 wedge, all the irons are very easy to strike well, achieving a powerful trajectory, even with AWT regular shafts. Obviously had the lie checked and altered each year at Gainsborough by ping. Maybe this does it, but they altered the lie to make my shots go with a consistent draw, unless I put a horrible swing on the ball and you get what you deserve. And that is it, the ball goes exactly how you swing, too much either way produces anything from a hook to a slice. This has helped as I now know these irons and can alter the shape when required, the advantage is confidence, partly in playing the same clubs, made to my swing, but the solid dependability and feedback you get from them. I instantly know what I have done right or wrong with these irons and that makes you better at ball striking. Further to this I play a very windy and exposed golf course, where the high ball really suffers, unless you can learn to strike it lower, which you can with these. Now the i10's unless hit on the sweet spot can give harsh feel with an awful swing, but I like that. The only reason to change, and I try all the new toys in the local golf shop, is if the new irons are easier and better. As yet, including all manufacturers not just ping i15, ping i20, these is no substitute for getting a good set, lie adjusted to your swing, correct shaft and grip size, then sticking with them, let them become like "faithful dog bringing you your slippers". I am convinced sticking with the tools you have and proper practice will make you better. Just think i10s do that job very well. But hay 18 handicap what do I know.