5 years with MX-25 irons...

DubbleH's review of Mizuno MX-25

Mizuno MX-25

“5 years with MX-25 irons...”

Written on: 15/07/2014 by DubbleH (1 review written)

I bought a new set of MX-25's about five years ago, +1/2", 2 degrees up. Prior to my ordering these the pro gave me two 6 irons, a Miz 25 and a Ping, to try out for 4 weeks. Before I put the clubs in my bag I knew the Mizuno was for me, as it didn't have a 'chunky' head to look down on. Not to be deterred I tried both and within a few days the Mizuno joined my other clubs in my bag.

The feel, the look and the playability of these clubs has made me a long time Mizuno customer. The forged head is a great shape to look down on behind the ball, with cavity back for the longer irons and more blade like for the shorter. Hitting the ball sweetly sends a great 'feel' through my hands and arms.

While my MX-25 irons are still in great shape I'm looking to book a try and fit session for, and probably buy, the Mizuno JPX 825 pro irons. Mizuno put a lot of thought, engineering and detail into their irons.