Cheap as chips - but it does the job!

golfranger's review of Prosimmon X30 460cc Titanium Matrix Driver

Prosimmon X30 460cc Titanium Matrix Driver

“Cheap as chips - but it does the job!”

Written on: 05/02/2012 by golfranger (3 reviews written)

I paid about the same for my Prosimmon X30 460cc Titanium Matrix Driver as I would have for a round of drinks for a four ball. I think it is astonishing value for money. It seems that some people have received dud ones, but mine has survived several rounds of golf with barely a mark on the face. It looks like a proper club with its silver grey alloy head and black graphite shaft and the grip isn't bad, either. The shaft feels a bit whippy, but, for me that is no bad thing as I tend to swing too fast too often and this club makes me slow down. When I am swinging OK, this club is long, straight and forgiving. When my swing goes to pot, there isn't a club made that can help me! I also like outdriving people using a three hundred quid driver and then telling them how much this one cost. Sometimes I wonder why anyone would pay any more for a driver.