littlewoods catalogue does not value customers

amron123's review of Littlewoods

“littlewoods catalogue does not value customers”

Written on: 31/12/2016 by amron123 (2 reviews written)

I shopped for years with kays which then became littlewoods.
the overseas based customer service was always a joke and remains unimproved for years.
my recent issue though has made me very cross.
in November I had to deal with a very serious family issue which completely took over my life for a couple of weeks. consequently my payment was 4days late. 7days later littlewoods imposed a £12 late payment fee.
in my opinion a decent company would have looked at my payment record to see if this had happened before.
there they would have seen that my payments are always on time and generally for more than the minimum they request.
a decent company would perhaps have given me a telephone call to check all is well. a decent company would not offend such a good customer as myself
I telephoned them which was not great. when I eventually got through I kept having to ask the advisor to repeat herself as I could not tell what she was saying. she went quiet for ages but when I checked she was still there she said she was adding a note to my account. it took her a good 10minutes to do that. anyway they are going to refund me but it will take 15-30 days.
I will not be ordering anything else. they stopped the commission too which further indicates their disregard for customers.