Item went in sale day after purchase

Guest's review of Littlewoods

“Item went in sale day after purchase”

Written on: 01/11/2012

I ordered boots that cost me nearly £200, two days later they arrived. When checking the site the very next day I noticed the boots I had ordered were £60 cheaper. After doing research I learnt you could reclaim the money back within a time frame. I phoned and was told I would need to reorder the boots at the sale price and send the ones I currently have back to them. This seems very long winded, so plan on sending them back for a full refund. Why would you waste money and effort when I already have the boots, I'm sure it cant be that hard to correct the price manually. In fact I know it can be done when only last month a similar thing happened with asos and there was no issues there.
I've been a littlewoods customer for over ten years and ordered many things from them, I'm very disapointing in how I've been treated on this occasion.

Littlewoodsrep's Comment

Hi,

We do have a policy that any orders are charged at the price that was agreed at the point of order. If an order is placed before a sale, and then the price of the item drops, then we do not reduce the price to match the sale price - similarly we do not raise the price if our selling price increases after the order is placed.
We have this policy to ensure that our customers are treated fairly.

If you wish to re-order at the lower price then you can do so via our website and return the original order to us for credit.

Many Thanks

Dave
Littlewoods Help Team

Marshmallowkitty's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2012

Your missing the point, many times I have purchased things from your website for them to go in sale a few days later of which I did not loose sleep over. The case for me here is I hadn't even recieved the boots an they were reduced massively, if they had been only reduced by say £30 I'd not of followed this up and kept them, however £60 is ridiculous.

Thank you for the apology.