Ridiculously high payments!!

ejs29's review of Littlewoods

“Ridiculously high payments!!”

Written on: 27/10/2012 by ejs29 (4 reviews written)

I have a catalogue with both Littlewoods and Very (owned by the same company) I owe £760 to Littlewoods and £620 to Very. My minimum payment to Very is £5.00 a month. My minimum payment to Littlewoods is £156.00!

My minimum payment was £112.00 a month then with the addition of an £80 rug, it jumped up to £156.00! It is completely outrageous! Most companies require you to pay 5% of the balance, well I should only be paying £40 a month then. I had a Littlewoods catalogue about 3 years ago and my minimum payment was never more than £100 despite owing them nearly £1,000.

It is a complete rip off, especially when you consider the horrible economic circumstances we are in at the moment in this country. Food prices soaring, energy bills through the roof, yet income never increases. But Littlewoods expect people to pay THAT much a month?

OUTRAGEOUS.

Littlewoodsrep's Response to ejs29's Review

Written on: 30/10/2012

Hi ejs29,

We are very sorry to hear that you are not happy with the way the minimum payment for your Littlewoods account is calculated.
As per our terms and conditions your minimum payment is based on the payment terms you chose for the items you have ordered.
You can order over 20 or 52 week payment terms which are interest free or 104 and 156 weeks which are both interest bearing.
Ordering over 20 weeks means that the payments each month are higher but the item is paid off quicker whereas ordering over a longer term, such as 104 weeks, means that the monthly payments are lower but the item will take longer to clear from your balance.
With your Very account the minimum payment requested each month is 7% of your current balance or £5.00 whichever is greater.

We can look into your Littlewoods account to check exactly what has been ordered and over what payment terms. You can email us at Help@littlewoods.co.uk and we would be happy to help.

Many Thanks

Dave
Littlewoods Help Team

Ejs29's reply to Littlewoodsrep's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2012

With my first order - which was large due to moving house and ordering lots - I selected the longer payment terms but my order was rejected because the longer payment terms meant I would go over my credit limit because the interest price was automatically included, so I had no choice but to select 20 weeks - how is that fair? You left me with no choice!!!!

Lauren_Louse's reply to Littlewoodsrep's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2012

My Littlwoods account is ridiculous! My minimum payment is £170.00 maybe more! i owe about £850.00. I could not afford that payment i rang up to explain this. Now you are asking for £295.00 as a minimum payment. Why are the payments so high? All my other accounts are no more than £40.00 a month and i owe them more than littlewoods. I have an account with woolworths, very, simply be and fashion world. I have only had these stupid problems with littlewoods. I want it sorted. I want my payments reducing ASAP! I cannot wait to get shut of this account.