Poor customer & delivery service

Hardish's review of Kays now part of K &Co

“Poor customer and delivery service”

Written on: 10/07/2013 by Hardish (1 review written)

I bought a fridge freezer as a present for my mother. I ordered it on-line and it was agreed that the delivery company will call me 48 hours in advance of delivery. An approximate delivery date was given and I phoned up Kandco a few days later to ensure that a) the delivery company had the correct phone number and b) to ask if it was likely that delivery will be made on the date stated when I put the order through. A Kandco advisor said that they have the correct phone number and it was likely that delivery is made on that date, which was over a week away. My mother who lives in another city called me a couple of days after I called Kandco to say that the delivery company came to deliver the fridge freezer and as she was out they left it with someone who lives across the road. The house at which the fridge was delivered to were complete strangers to my mother. I called Kandco to complain that no one called me to say that the delivery was being made, that it was delivered over a week early and it had been dropped off at a strangers house. A Kandco representative said that they will investigate and contact the delivery company. Approx. 15 minutes later I called Kandco again as my mother learnt that the people who were living in the address where the fridge was delivered to could only hold onto the fridge for a few days. The new Kandco representative explained that the discussion that I had with the previous Kandco representative only 15 minutes previously had not logged my complaint, therefore had not contacted the relevant department. So I had to repeat myself again and the Kandco representative explained that they couldn't do anything. I explained that my mother is a pensioner who can't move the fridge on her own and that the fridge won't be moved anyway in case of any damage. She advised that they can return the fridge but it can take over a week which would leave my mother in a difficult and vulnerable position as the people across the road could not hold onto the fridge for that long. Kandco explained that they will get in touch with the delivery company and that's all they can do. Out of frustration, I cancelled the order and emailed a complaint to Kandco. The following day the delivery company phoned and explained that they can pick up the fridge on the Wednesday (and this conversation was on the Saturday). I had no choice but to agree to the delivery date even though they said that they will try and pick it up on the Monday or Tuesday. On the Monday I went to see the people who had the fridge to explain the mess that Kandco and the delivery company had made and that the fridge will be picked up by Wednesday. On Tuesday the delivery company called to say that they can now only pick up the fridge on Thursday and that is all they can do. So I had to get in touch with the people from the house opposite my mothers house again to explain that the fridge is now being picked up on the Thursday which was the original delivery date. The fridge was eventually picked up and has since returned to Kandco. However, this whole episode has cost me time off work, call costs to Kandco and the delivery company, petrol, inconvenience and stress that it has caused my mother. The official reply to my complaint from Kandco was that they won't take any responsibility as the delivery company can deliver the product to wherever they want to if the recipient is not in and they can't do anything about Kandco staff providing poor advice and service. I was also informed that irrespective of where the fridge is and even if it gets damaged by being at a wrong address I am still liable for the payment of the fridge. The response from Kandco was in support and protective of their staff and the delivery company. They didn't want to take any responsibility or investigate why the delivery company did not call me 48 hours in advance as originally agreed when I put the order in or why each Kandco representative gave me poor advise. Kandco said that they will only pay towards the calls made to them. Even though the fault lies with Kandco and the delivery company which is Arrow XL, neither party has taken any responsibility so I am having to take this further as this is the worse customer care service that I have experienced. It's even worse as my complaint was not taken seriously by Kandco. I would not recommend Kandco as they will try and avoid taking any responsibility for an error made by their staff or supplier.