Enamel finish now dull

• Style

• Service & Support

SteveBBE's review of Cata Gas Hob

“Enamel finish now dull”

Written on: 30/08/2017 by SteveBBE (1 review written)

Bought the gas on glass four burner hob from B&Q, really wished I hadn't. Hob looks decent enough but don't think it would last too long. Pan racks and cast ring centers seem really poor quality.

First hob the glass was chipped so B&Q replaced it. Second hob now has patches were the enamel has come off and the finish is now dull. Hob has been in place approx. 8 weeks.
Had only ever used a liquid cleaner on the surface. Contacted B&Q who contacted Cata. What a waste of time.

Cata rang me to tell me it was my fault and there was nothing they could do. Won't even send an engineer to look at the problem. They told me it was pan damage, I told them the pans sit on a pan rack so it couldn't be. Changed their to tune to say it was abrasive damage. Told them we don't use abrasives and why the damage more widespread. Changed their tune again to say it is the product we are using, it contains prohibited chemicals. I'd better inform SC Johnson and son that Mr Muscle will damage enamel.
I am passing this back toB&Q as they are my orignal suppliers.

• 1 - 6 months