I have a Ryobi RTL30CESA Strimmer - It is Rubbish

Duke_Nukem's review of Ryobi 31cc Petrol Strimmer

Ryobi 31cc Petrol Strimmer

“I have a Ryobi RTL30CESA Strimmer - It is Rubbish”

Written on: 24/08/2011 by Duke_Nukem (15 reviews written)

It was always difficult to start, but got worse as time went on. I am an engineer and was able to adjust the starting settings (by re-shaping the cam for richer mix and higher speed) which helped a bit, but it still got worse.

In case the jets were blocked, I have re-built the carb I dont know how many times - no difference.

In case the head gasket was leaking I re-built the engine and discovered that one of the three cyl head bolts was missing (by the marks it had never been fitted). Replaced, but still no differnce.

In less than a dozen sessions I have worn out TWO starting cords (made my own replacements), and I seem to have permanently strained my shoulder muscles. It is a year since I last tried to start it and it still painful to lie on my right side.

I had the hedge trimmer attachment and its drive shaft failed. Then I discovered that you CANNOT GET SPARE PARTS. So, when we are told to