Titan Pro Cipper/Shredder 14hp

skmorgan's review of Titan Pro Garden Chipper and Shredder 13 HP

Titan Pro Garden Chipper and Shredder 13 HP

“Titan Pro Cipper/Shredder 14hp”

Written on: 11/04/2012 by skmorgan (1 review written)

The 13hp and 14hp models only differ in that the 13hp has an electric starter. Mine is the manual start 14hp.
I bought second hand via Ebay with a stated 1 hour use only but 2 years old. From condition of interior paintwork, I would say this was correct.

I paid 400 GB pounds rather than the 750 GB pounds brand new. I have rated 3 stars at the full price and 4 stars at my Ebay price.

I have written a detailed review based on my first week usage plus a few short videos showing it in action. There are a few serious design flaws as mentioned in other reviews particularly the discharge chute blocking very easily.

See here for detailed review - http://tinyurl.com/ck2zacg

Callanboy's Response to skmorgan's Review

Written on: 11/06/2013

If you fed the machine correctly and withdrew the branches when they got down to about 15-16mm then fed them into the shredder you would've found it less hard work.

Skmorgan's reply to Callanboy's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2013

The manual says that the maximum size for the shredder is 10mm. My experience is that the shredder is pretty useless regardless of the size of the feed.

The "hard work" is not so much the diameter of the feed but the side branches. I found a 3 inch/75 mm straight branch without side shoots very easy going. A 25-50 mm branch with side shoots can be much harder work depending on the size of these side shoots.

I stand by my original comments after more than 1 years actual usage. It is still a good machine for what I paid.