Shredde Jammed & Made Useless for Ordinary Garden Work

From 1 review

BrendanUK's review of Ryobi Garden Shredder RSH2400R

Ryobi Garden Shredder RSH2400R

“Shredde Jammed and Made Useless for Ordinary Garden Work”

Written on: 20/04/2013 by BrendanUK (0 reviews written)

Initially I was moderately pleased as the shredder chopped up twigs and branches which I could put back on the garden as a mulch. However, the machine stopped on a small old-wood trimming (less than 20mm diameter). I cleared the machine and it stopped again on another piece. I decided it could not cope with old wood and went on to shred other stuff which included thin green trimmings. The machine again stopped. I cleared it and now it will not cut even 15mm diameter healthy stems, which it coped with OK when I first used the machine. The motor has been knackered having jammed on only three occasions. In fact I believe it was damaged on the first time it failed. The stalled-motor cut-off is obviously not quick enough to protect the motor – a design fault. Shredders will jam from time to time – the cut-out needs to protect it from permanent damage. This product will not last in use in ordinary garden settings. I would advise prospective buyers to go for a petrol driven machine, and if that is over the top for your needs (as it is for mine) then hire a machine, or simply take the branches to the tip and buy mulch.