Sport Lived Melbourne Cricket Gap Year Review

LukeSpears's review of Sport Lived - www.sportlived.co.uk

“Sport Lived Melbourne Cricket Gap Year Review”

Written on: 24/04/2013 by LukeSpears (1 review written)

Just a quick review of my experience at The Sport Lived accommodation was great, in a great location, really good facilities. Good to have two bathrooms, a kitchen etc.. The socials were good and in my opinion well spaced, a month apart was fine, as there is a natural divide in terms of geography between the hostel and the flat (where i was staying).

The cricket club (South Yarra Cricket Club) that was selected for myself and the flatmates was brilliant, the standard was good, not the hardest i've played but was still a challenge. Most of all, the social side of the club was absolutely brilliant, felt like i'd been there 10 years after a day, which was what you want when your a long way from home. Made friends straight away with the flat, and made more friends as we went on. The social side is very important, we trained and played enough but at the end of the day you want to have fun and thats entirely what we had.

I thought the response and the helpfulness from the Sport Lived team was excellent, Rod was always at the end of the phone if he was needed, and charlie was always in contact for social events etc.

In terms of criticism, there isn't anything that immediately springs to mind (which can only be good) I would say that at the Quest Apartments, I was told a lost key would cost 50 dollars to replace, ended up getting charged 250 dollars, which Rod again was extremely helpful and got down to 150, yet that is still a lot. I understand its my fault losing the key, but some clarity between all parties on how much it will cost, to save a nasty shock on the last day is necessary!!

Overall the Sport Lived was a brilliant experience, couldn't have asked for more. It is expensive, but with everything that is provided, its definitely worth it.