English Teaching Volunteering Course in Hanoi, Vietnam

Chris_EFC's review of Plan My Gap Year - www.planmygapyear.co.uk

“English Teaching Volunteering Course in Hanoi, Vietnam”

Written on: 18/07/2012 by Chris_EFC (1 review written)

I volunteered to travel to Hanoi, Vietnam for four weeks to teach English to school children. The course was reasonably priced and the project fees were broken down to allow me to see what % of the fee went where (food, accommodation etc.) The accommodation was great and we were provided with three meals a day, Vietnamese meals which was a bonus. We taught Monday to Friday and had the afternoons and weekends off for the duration of the course. We had contact with the company back in England who were interested with how things are going on. The only downside to the project was that we only taught for three hours a day whilst other volunteers taught a lot more hours per day, clearly not a major problem but it would have been better if we were allocated more time to teach rather than having finished the working day by 11am. Finishing so early in the day did have its bonuses though as we had time to explore Hanoi and the surrounding areas. Also, we were given a short language course in basic Vietnamese phrases which was handy.

Overall the time in Vietnam was fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone considering volunteering abroad.