Morocco Volunteering review

sophietaylor's review of Original Volunteers - www.originalvolunteers.co.uk

“Morocco Volunteering review ”

Written on: 05/07/2013 by sophietaylor (1 review written)

I first went to Marrakesh, Morocco with Original volunteers in Feb 2013, I absolutely loved it, and would 100% recommend it to someone who like me, felt eager to volunteer and hadn't had much experience.
This particular project is very flexible and despite travelling to such an eye opening place, there is such a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

I am pretty sure a lot of you must feel daunted by it all without knowing a lot about what is involved, but I can honestly assure you that when you're in the Riad, it is just like home, without the drinking water supply of course. Everyone is so friendly to work with and you don't have to do anything alone, its all in the group. We called it the Big brother house, as there are always new people arriving and leaving which makes it even more exciting!
There is a local supermarket which is about a 5 minute walk from the Riad, along with lots of sandwich/ burger huts locally. There are even some nice restaurants im 'New Town' which is the tourist part which again is about a 10 minute walk! Everything is so cheap out there as well!

You also get opportunities whilst there to go on trips. We went to the Sahara desert in Feb which was amazing, riding camels along the desert and camping under the star.

I met so many people along the way in February, 4 of us even decided to return to Marrakesh with OV this May which was just as amazing as the first trip. I am even contemplating going again for the third time! The projects involved are so rewarding and the children in the schools, nurseries and orphanages are all so lovely! If you're considering this project, I would most strongly recommend it! I wish you luck, enjoy!!!

Morocco1234's Response to sophietaylor's Review

Written on: 09/04/2014

Hi, me and my friend are going to morocco with OV in august, what clothes should I buy, also the raid sounds extremely strict on the information leaflet, is this the case?