GVI Marine Conservation Expedition in Mexico

chloe_blackman's review of Global Vision International - www.gvi.co.uk

“GVI Marine Conservation Expedition in Mexico”

Written on: 03/07/2013 by chloe_blackman (1 review written)

I spent March, April and May of 2013 volunteering on GVI's Marine Conservation Expedition in Mexico. Without sounding cliche, it was without a doubt the best thing I have ever done. Not only did I get to experience living on a Caribbean beach and diving every day for three months but I also got to come home with the sense of satisfaction and achievement knowing I had really helped to make a difference. Although condition were fairly basic such as bucket flush toilets, a fairly repetitive diet and little to no privacy, I really felt it was all part of the experience and wouldn't of had it any other way. Living among such inspiring people, namely the staff, who genuinely cared about conserving the beautiful ecosystems within our oceans was truly eye opening. During the three months I got around 60 dives under my belt which wasn't bad considering the weather dependant dive conditions. I would definitely recommend this programme to anybody who is willing to pitch into a community, work hard and in return be rewarded with the experience of a lifetime!