Fiji Childcare=Best decision of my life so far!

Lisamolly's review of Global Vision International - www.gvi.co.uk

“Fiji Childcare=Best decision of my life so far! ”

Written on: 22/12/2011 by Lisamolly (1 review written)

For 2 months I volunteered in a public kindergarten housed at one of the island s
primary schools in the Yasawas. Each day we taught the 3-5 year olds in our class basic social skills, letter and color recognition, pre-writing and numeracy skills in fun new ways! We played with bubble wrap, sang, and painted with racecars to name a few! It was exhausting but the hugs and love I got from the children made each day well worth the effort! Base was so much fun- I got to make lifelong friendships with amazing people throughout the world while creating special memories with them that I will always carry with me. From weekend trips to different island resorts to hilarious base parties to simply lounging on the beach I will always treasure my time spent with them. The one thing I would suggest would be to possibly allow those on the education team to explore more villages and see how other schools and classrooms are run throughout the Yasawas as I feel it would be very fun and beneficial for them. Otherwise this is an amazing program with some amazing people and I would definitely highly recommend it to anyone interested in international childcare and isn't afraid of dorm style livings and cold water showers!