An Amazing Time in Thailand

Guest's review of Gap Medics Ltd www.gapmedics.co.uk

“An Amazing Time in Thailand”

Written on: 18/07/2013

After spending a couple weeks in Thailand this summer for my Gap Medics placement, I can honestly say that the whole trip was one of the coolest experiences I've had. This was my first trip to Asia and I was excited to learn about Thai culture and to have the opportunity to work at the nearby hospital, gaining hands-on experience in departments that I was interested in. I was surprised at how willing the doctors were to let me observe and even assist them on certain procedures. I got the opportunity to watch numerous live births, observe fascinating surgeries up close, and even help out with patient care. After placement each day, most of us would go into town or do fun activities like elephant riding, going to the Thai markets, meeting local tribes, seeing temples, and visiting Tiger kingdom. My Gap Medics experience in Thailand was really an unforgettable trip for me and something that I would highly recommend to anyone interested in medicine. The opportunities and experiences I had were priceless.