Amazing & Lifechanging experience

Guest's review of Gap Medics Ltd www.gapmedics.co.uk

“Amazing and Lifechanging experience”

Written on: 15/01/2013

Today I received an offer from the Univeristy that I wanted for Medicine and I really couldn't have done it without GapMedics. A few months ago I left to spend a few weeks in one of GapMedics placement opportunities in Iringa Africa. I never knew what an amazing and life changing experience it would be. I met so many amazing people and made so many friends and I can honestly say I don't know if I would have gotten my place as a Med student at my desired Univeristy if it wasn't for the Lifechanging experience I had in Africa. While I chose to do obstetrics and gynecology and internal medicine for the time had I had on placement I was also able to learn things in the fields of surgery, pediatrics, outpatients and more as the program also includes tutorials with the most skilled doctors in these fields.
On my first weekend I also had the chance to go on a safari which was incredible. It was a bit of down time with breathtaking views and some amazing sight seeing. It was definitely worth while and something I would do again in a heart beat.
The food was better than what I get at home I swear! All of the meals are cooked by the amazing house chef who caters to all food requirements and there is always enough for first,seconds,thirds,fourths ect ect.
I always felt safe and well looked after and I think that was one of my favourite things. You really feel like you're a part of a big family and you have a wonderful support system behind you so you can really achieve some amazing things.
I would go back in a heart beat and am planning on my next trip some time this year. Even though the trip from Australia to Africa is a bit far it's well worth it!! Thanks to GapMedics I had the most amazing time of my whole life and met the most amazing people and as of today I'm officially a MED STUDENT :D
Couldn't have done it without you! Thank you!