NOT COMPLETLEY TRUTHFUL

RobynW94's review of Gap 360 - www.gap360.com

“NOT COMPLETLEY TRUTHFUL”

Written on: 02/05/2013 by RobynW94 (1 review written)

I did two trips with GAP 360 in South Africa recently I stayed at Kwa madwala game reserve for the first month which I had a great time but what Gap 360 said we would be doing in the itinary was completly different too what we actually did, there were things written in the itinary from Gap which I was really looking forward to doing and thats why I went on the trip but we didnt get to do those things I was very disappointed about this also my second month was spent at African dawn wildlife sanctuary once again they lied slightly in there description saying we were not far from town when we were miles away due to this alot of people that came to stay through Gap 360 and another company had been misinformed and as soon as they arrived decided to leave immediately as it was not what they were expecting I think there should be more information given to you about where you will be staying as its not cheap and you deserve to be 100% satisfied with where you are.

Clwade's Response to RobynW94's Review

Written on: 02/10/2013

Im looking into doing the wildlife sanctuary trip at port Elizabeth in south Africa also with gap 360. Please could you tell me how the itinary was different? As reading this review is making me reconsider

Clwade's Response to RobynW94's Review

Written on: 02/10/2013

Hi

I am currently looking at the Wildlife Sanctuary volunteer programme in South Africa with Gap360.

Was this the one you did?

I would be grateful if you could give me some more information on the itinerary you expected and what you did?

Regards, Charlotte

Robynw94's reply to Clwade's Comment

Written on: 07/10/2013

Hey, I spent 4 weeks at the wildlife sanctuary African dawn I had a great time but 4 weeks was too long really as we did the same thing each day feeding the animals mostly birds you don't just feed the animals as well you have a couple of days of the week that you do manual work like pulling plants and helping fix the closures which is tiring in the heat but worth it. I think 2 weeks would have been enough it is a really friendly place and you work 5 days of the week and have two days too yourself which you can go do what you want like go to Jeffrey's bay or port Elizabeth but nowhere is that close 30 minute taxi to j-bay and longer to port Elizabeth I wish I had booked it directly through African dawn as its way cheaper the great thing at the end of your trip is going in with the cheetahs and getting pictures I recommend SA beautiful country but if your going don't just do this trip as there is so much more to see. Sorry about the long message hope you have a great time if you decide to go :)