The Inca Trail made personal

Katitaylor13's review of Gap 360 - www.gap360.com

“The Inca Trail made personal ”

Written on: 01/05/2013 by Katitaylor13 (1 review written)

Trekking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu has become a must-do for tourists all over the world and, as a result, it is incredibly easy to feel like just one more camera clutcher as you descend upon it. However, in choosing my tour, organised by G adventures, I honestly felt as though the experience was personally tailored to both my needs and wants and I was able to truly immerse myself in everything the four day trek had to offer. And that was a lot. Our guide,was knowledgable, informative and above all kind and he made sure that we never felt unsafe or uncomfortable during what undeniably was a real physical challenge. I learned so much about Inca symbolism, culture and the mysteries surrounding them and, a part I cannot stand to neglect, I laughed a lot. The trail is a real bonding experience and, by the end of four days, our group had truly evolved into a kind of family. So: Machu Picchu made personal. I'd say that no matter what the experience is completely unforgettable but in choosing this tour I never once felt like just one more tourist, one more member of the rabble which descends daily, and the sense of achievement I gleaned from completing the trail was incredible. I'd like to personally thank our guide, G adventures and Gap 360 for helping me to realise a life long goal and, more than that, for giving me an incredible set of memories which I will treasure forever.