Gap 360 - 8 weeks volunteering in India!

StephanieMarie91's review of Gap 360 - www.gap360.com

“Gap 360 - 8 weeks volunteering in India!”

Written on: 25/12/2012 by StephanieMarie91 (1 review written)

I spent 8 weeks on a medical volunteering trip in India and it was THE best experience of my life!! I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone!

I also spent my mornings working in a school and getting to know the local people and getting close to lots of the children that were there. I was absolutely devastated that I had to leave!

I felt 100% safe throughout the trip as Gap 360 sorted everything out for me. All worries that I had about traveling had gone. It's the first time I've traveled in 6 years and it was life changing.

I met lots of other travelers along the way and have made life long friends. I also keep in touch with the charity that I stayed with over in India. (Channel Youth). They were incredibly hospitable and you become part of a little family!

As well as volunteering, I did a lot of exploring! I saw my first WONDER OF THE WORLD, that is, The Taj Mahal! It was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen! I also went to Ranthambhore and saw a tiger called Sudari, who's actually appeared on lots of documentaries! Was in the presence of tiger royalty. I saw the Agra Fort, the Akshardam Temple, saw Bollywood movies, learnt Hindi, had yoga lessons, had cookery classes... And so much more! I did so much in such a short space of time. It really was a life changing experience.

I also left the UK thinking I KNEW what career I wanted to veer into. Coming back, I have a completely different view. So if you are unsure, I would suggest this sort of trip. If I could be paid to travel and volunteer around the world with various charities, I would do so in a heartbeat. I enjoyed myself so much and can't wait to book my next trip with Gap 360.

I would recommend going with a company like Gap 360, as they sort out everything for you (depending on which trip you book on). They also don't rob your bank account, they're really good value for money! They sort out meals, accommodation, travel insurance, flights, and are on hand all the time in case you need them. Everyone I spoke to at Gap 360 were so helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed my time in India and will definitely be using them in the future!