Au Pair Orientation in New York!

Guest's review of Gap 360 - www.gap360.com

“Au Pair Orientation in New York!”

Written on: 22/11/2012

I have just completed my 5 day orientation in New York on Gap 360's Au Pair in America programme. It was everything I expected and more!

I landed in New York with nerves and excitement! I took the super shuttle from the airport to my hotel which was right in the middle of Manhattan! As soon as I arrived at the hotel lobby a lovely lady called Kate greeted me and gave me my room key and my arrival pack. She welcomed me to the US in a typical American way and then told me where I needed to be on Tuesday morning for the first day of orientation.

The orientation was really informative. From Tuesday to Thursday we went through how to look after all children from babies up to teenagers. They made it really fun and interactive. We were given lots of ideas to take away with us about activities and games we could play with the children. On Thursday we had a health and safety session which included CPR and first aid which was great as I had not been on a first aid course before.

They also went through the important things like how we were going to get paid, taxed, mobile phones and driving!

On Tuesday evening they organised for us to go on a tour of New York City! My highlights were central park and the amazing lights in Time Square. It was a great way to get to know the other au pairs and make friends.

It was an amazing week which really prepared me for the year ahead and I made great friends too!