Learn to Dive in Thailand

Guest's review of Gap 360 - www.gap360.com

“Learn to Dive in Thailand ”

Written on: 18/10/2012

I booked my Thailand trip with Gap 360. I looked at a few companies but Gap 360 looked like they offered good value for the diving and it fitted in with the dates I wanted to go.

I’d never been to Thailand before and it was a bit of culture shock when I got off the flight and got into Bangkok.

I’d decided to arrive a couple of days before getting the transfer from Khao San Road to Koh Tao. Finding a taxi at the airport was interesting to say the least. Loads of people coming up to me and asking if i needed a taxi. I’d followed the advice i’d seen on Gap 360’s website and got to the official taxi rank. After that it was easy getting to my hotel (again recommended by Gap 360 and a great base for my two days in Bangkok)

Found the meeting place for the bus transfer. There were quite a few people doing the same thing as me and a few had also booked with Gap 360 so it was nice to have some new friends to share the trip down with. A day later and we were met at Koh Tao pier by the guys from the dive resort and showed to our accommodation. The apartments were pretty basic but clean and close to the beach/dive school.

The next day we met our instructors and started our Padi Open Water course. The instructors were all fun and very friendly but were definitely good at helping us through the first bit of learning and onto our first taste of scuba.

After a brief panic going under for the first time, I fell in love with diving. And wow! The coral and fish under the sea at Koh Tao was amazing. Everything I’d hoped it would be!

Everyone in my group really enjoyed the course and we all managed to pass out Open Water after four days. I had a couple of extra days booked and so managed to do some fun dives with the dive school as well.

Koh Tao itself is mad and there are some awesome bars/clubs along Sairee beach well worth checking out if you want to be out all night partying.

All in all I was well happy with my trip to Koh Tao and glad I’d booked this programme. I’m hoping to go back next year to do my advanced course and will book through Gap 360 again when I do!