Wow. Just wow.

I.saw.a.puma.'s review of Frontier (Conservation, Education, Exploration) www.frontier.ac.uk

“Wow. Just wow.”

Written on: 06/07/2013 by I.saw.a.puma. (1 review written)

Have been on camp for nearly four weeks now and just about to go into my fifth and last – I honestly cannot believe it has gone so quickly! The days are long as they are so packed with amazing things to do, but the weeks seem to fly by. Every day is different and always exciting, whether its surveys, cooking, building, revegetation work, going into town, or just chilling out chatting and reading.
I will definitely appreciate a lot of the home comforts when I get back, although the basic lifestyle has been surprisingly one of the best parts of the trip; sleeping in a hammock/tent, showering from a hosepipe, and of course the cooking – I will never cease to be amazed at the variety of meals that can be produced from two gas hobs and limited end-of-the-week food stock!
The animals are obviously the key part of the experience and won’t disappoint. The sight of monkeys in the trees as you eat breakfast is not something you ever forget, and the birds have become such a part of my day that it will be sad to return to the UK and miss out on their strange calls and amazing plumage. Helping out on the surveys makes you feel like you are personally contributing to the conservation of such an important and biodiverse area.
I would not advise this camp to anyone afraid to get their hands dirty, or anyone with a problem with snakes, siders, or ants. As long as you are willing to put in the hard work then I promise you will have the most incredible time.