First Impressions

• Range Of Games

Review Weasel's review of PlayStation Vita

PlayStation Vita

“First Impressions”

Written on: 25/02/2012 by Review Weasel (8 reviews written)

This review is very much my first impressions of the PS Vita but I have to say I am impressed. I could not put it down the first night I played it and it is still grabbing my attention. Also, being able to play Uncharted in bed in the mornings...brilliant!

- Graphics: An HD handheld device. amazing! I was always annoyed that although the psp had good graphics it was limited in terms of backgrounds etc. The Vita on the contrary is lush and very immersive. Some of the games would not look out of place on the PS3.

- Range of Games: Ok, so maybe 3 is a bit harsh as this is a new console but I am not that impressed with the initial line up of games. Saying that the games I have played have been excellent. Uncharted: Golden Abyss really shows of the Graphics of this little fella and an early fave for me is Frobisher Says (free - courtesy of my pre-order) which is a series of mini-games which really utilise the various features camera, rear touch-pad etc.

- Controls: The dual thumbsticks work very well and make the gaming experience smooth and more like playing on a standard console. The touch pad is also very smooth. I am less impressed by the rear touch pad which seems a little awkward at times but it does offer an extra dimension.

- Value For Money - All in all with what you get I think this is good value as it offers just as much as a console but is portable.

High end portable gaming at its best. If you are a true gamer and don't mind about having a seaprate phone this is a must gaming experience.

• 22/02/2012