Very disappointing

• Condition of Game

TommyT456's review of Boomerang Rentals www.boomerangrentals.co.uk

Boomerang Rentals www.boomerangrentals.co.uk

“Very disappointing”

Written on: 09/04/2014 by TommyT456 (1 review written)

I play games for a living (won't bore you with the details of how that works) and as a result I need access to a lot of games. I buy a lot of them but I am always needing second copies for multiplayer purposes as well games I don't currently own for whatever reason. Lovefilm game rentals had been working perfectly for a long time so I was gutted when they stopped that part of their service and I cancelled my entire membership in protest. The worst thing is that their decision to cancel was based on an announcement regarding the next gen consoles that ended up being overturned so they needn't have ended the service after all but oh well.

Anyway I looked around for an alternative and found boomerangrentals.co.uk which looked promising. I tried them out and things seemed OK enough and due to my need for a rental service I signed up for a year so as to get the discount. Here is where things went drastically downhill.

The main issue is that a lot of the games I need to rent are slightly older, not vintage or anything but not neccessarily released in the last few months. And obviously due to Lovefilm having most of the rental business under wraps up until recently Boomerand didn't require many copies of the games released back then. Now though they have had an influx of customers meaning they are wildly understocked, especially on the slightly older games. They seem to have a better (if not perfect) supply of the very lastest games seeing as they now know they need to buy more of each to fill the new level of demand. But of the games I add to my list I would say well over 90% of them are marked as "red" which means a long wait before having it sent and often it never comes at all. Put simply the stock availability is atrocious and they don't seem to be doing anything about it despite the fact that they are now the go-to company in the UK for game rentals.

On top of that I had a terrible experience with them where, after waiting an absolute age for a game I particularly needed, they sent me a broken copy. I can forgive that but I proceeded to email them to tell them about it and ask for a replacement which they didn't send until I added it to my list again. And despite acknowledging my email and the fact that the game was broken they proceeded to send me THE SAME BROKEN COPY! I could not believe it, after all that. So along with most of the other games I tried to rent from them and failed I also had to buy a copy of this one too.

I have complained to them many times about availability and they take forever to respond and are of no help at all when they do. And when the incident with the broken game being re-sent happened I emailed them again, furious and demanding a refund for my pre-paid year. They took several weeks to respond and when they did they asked me what problems I was having with the service despite my outlining all of them in detail in my original email. They were just killing time and fobbing me off.

DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE...They may have the best of intentions but they are not kitted out to cater for the new high level of demand and they show no signs of working towards getting to that point. Their stock availability is basically non-existent and they are terribly when it comes to customer service.

• Game Availability

• Condition of Game

Boomerangrentalsadmin's Response to TommyT456's Review

Written on: 11/04/2014

Hi,

Thank you for your comments.

Sorry about the issues you have had with our service.

We are getting new stock in all the time, especially New Generation releases and are also working towards a quicker response time within our customer service department.

If I could have your account name and user name I could look into these issues for you if they haven't been resolved already.

The Boomerang Team