Worst experience in a retail store ever!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

customer83's review of Ikea

“Worst experience in a retail store ever!”

Written on: 19/08/2013 by customer83 (1 review written)

My wife and I traveled 2 hours to visit your store in Orlando Florida yesterday dedicating an entire day with one purpose and goal, and that was to purchase an entire bedroom set for our house. We have always spoke highly about Ikea and recommended it to everyone we know, however after the lack of customer service at this location, the rudeness of your employees, and the failure to both listen and assist us in any way we will no longer be shopping with Ikea. The experience we had yesterday with your staff and BOTH managers was the worst experience we have had at ANY public place!

After spending over 3 hours walking the store, filling our cart and picking out the items we wanted we finally made it to the warehouse level where we were to pick out the pieces we needed for the Bed and dresser. At this point we were planning on spending over $1000 in your store, but after it was all said and done we left spending $0.

We had written down all of the numbers for all of the pieces and started filling the flat beds with our items needed. We only had one left when we realized that what we needed was just on the 3rd shelf....just high enough that we couldn't pull it down. At this point I went to the desk to ask for assistance. The employee there asked what I wanted (With the attitude that I was wasting his precious time) I told him that I needed help, he looked up the part, and then informed me that it was not available. I informed him that it was only on the 3rd shelf and I just needed a hand getting it down. His response was "I won't be able to help you, better luck next time, come back tomorrow and maybe it will be lower". I was completely shocked and offended by this response! A "Customer Service" person that didn't even want to help me or even attempt it! I walked away feeling like a worthless customer.....returned to my isle to see if I could find it somewhere else.....with no result. So then I asked another employee for help hoping that I just got one bad employee the first time......I asked him for a manager. He radioed the manager and over his radio I hear the manager say "I just talked to "That Guy" and I won't help him...tell him to come back tomorrow" Really??? I am referred to as "That Guy" not a customer?

At this point I am getting very upset.....I just drove 2 hours, spent 3 shopping in your store and now nobody even cares to help me with 1 item!

So I asked for another manager, still with hope that someone in your company cares about a customer that is going to spend $1000 or more! This manager was even worse. She point blank told me "There is nothing I can do for you"....while looking right at the product only an arm length away! We pleaded, asked, begged even and she kept on repeating the same single line...."There is nothing I can do for you"

So, because your staff, and your company would not take one item down from only 7 feet in the air you have now lost over $1000 in sales.....like your company even cares I am sure.

After multiple attempts to find another solution your manager did inform us that It could be shipped.....for another $200! Let me ask you this.....if you went to a store and saw the product you wanted....could even touch it lets say....and this happened to you, would you accept a $200 shipping fee because they wouldn't help you take it off a shelf? NO.....but of course if you are an Ikea employee you would think that this was just all ok just like driving another 4 hours the next day is just all ok as well!

To top it off......because I was so visible upset.....your manager called security to escort us out of the building.

Great job Ikea........Great job caring for your customer.

I don't expect a response to this email because apparently it is your "Company Policy" to not care about your customers that drive a long distance to shop at your store, or even plan on spending hard earned money with you.

We went to Target.....and they were happy to help us get our product that was "Not where we could get it down".....and even loaded it in our car for us.

You will not see us again, and I will make sure to post this everywhere I can......I am also going to contact the BBB because this was by far the worst experience I could have ever imagined......Period.

You have lost a "Customer".....like you even care.

• Ikea Orlando

Branch Visited

• Nothing

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Paiget's Response to customer83's Review

Written on: 27/08/2013

I am really glad you posted this review. I was on my way to this location ( 2 hour drive from Jacksonville, FL), but have changed my mind. I will not spend where the customer is not respected.