Hemnes 3 Drawer Chest

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Ikea

“Hemnes 3 Drawer Chest”

Written on: 20/05/2013

I purchased two Hemnes 3 drawer chests ad the matching mirrors. When I opened the boxes both dressers had cracks in the wood along the legs. I callede customer service who was unable to ship me replacement parts due to the size. I was told to return to a store and ask for the manager. I had already driven these pieces over 2 hours from the store to my home and now had to package them back up, carry them down the stairs, pay the handy man who i had hired to put them together. I was told to ask for the store manager. The store manager at Ikea Long Island refused to come down to see us. The store refused to sccept the return and told us we would need to put the items back in our car and drive them to the ikea we purchased them at. At that point we were so frustrated with the time and money spent on the damage dressers, driving to and from the sotre mutliple times and paying the handy man we left the items at the sotre, took photographs and are disputing the charge with our credit card. We will never shop at ikea or recommend to anyone we know.