Horrendous, Abysmal, Uselessly Awful, Shockingly Bad, Avoid

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Joseph12345's review of Ikea

“Horrendous, Abysmal, Uselessly Awful, Shockingly Bad,...”

Written on: 16/04/2013 by Joseph12345 (1 review written)

I ordered a chest of drawers online on the 3rd of April expecting a quick delivery as per the £15 delivery charge, I heard nothing from IKEA until the 8th when I received a text that it will be delivered on the 16th. After a ridiculous waiting time of 13 days I finally received my delivery.

When I started to assemble I pulled out the first piece and immediately saw it had a large crack. Upon contacting IKEA's 'customer service' I was on hold for an entire 43 minutes before speaking to a man who was very rude and aggressive. I was told it will take a further 4 days for my item to be replaced. When I said to him this experience has been an inconvenience I thought he was literally about to say "If you don't like it **** off".

I don't understand how a company with a multi billion turnover can be so useless at meeting a customers needs at every level. I have to question what training they give to the 'customer service agents' because no ethical company should wish to be represented by the person I spoke to. I will never use IKEA again.

• www.ikea.com/gb