Worst customer service I have ever encountered

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

David1234321's review of Ikea

“Worst customer service I have ever encountered”

Written on: 12/04/2013 by David1234321 (1 review written)

The customer service in store was pretty good, we used the pick and deliver service as we had ordered too much to pick ourselves. I was assured all of my items would be delivered the next day, this was assured as one of the items I tried to order was not in stock, so they could not add it too my order, which seemed strange for a modern national retailer to lose a sale rather than split an order.
Following day, most items were delivered but 6 items were missing. I called customer services (if you can call it that), after finally answering after 30 minutes they said that they would have to investigate and someone would be in contact with me within 48hrs, which I could not believe, I told the that I purchased the items in store, paid for both the pick and delivery services so would they expect me to wait 48hrs for an answer if I was waiting in store......there was nothing apparently they could do, so I waited for a call.....I tried to call multiple times again, however the message always said call waiting times would be 30 minutes......I am not quite certain that ikea messes customers around on purposes to maximise their telephone revenue steam....they must be making a fortune out of their customers' misfortune! I spoke to the contracted delivery comoany, they were really good actually, however the problem is that they only deliver what ikea give them and it was clear that ikea had messed up and not given the delivery company all the items I had ordered....it he delivery company's aid that they would call customer services on my behalf and get them to call me......now it is been 4 days and still not word from ikea customer services.....the way I see it, I have paid for products and the delivery and they have not only failed to deliver but also failed to notify that they will rearrange delivery, meaning that effectively they have in my eyes just simply stolen my money....as that is essentially what it is if you pay for something and it is not sent......
Looking at some of the other reviews here I am surprised that a successful global retailer would have such appalling after sales service......I am pretty sure the service would be much better in Scandinavia or ikea would never have been successful.
It's a shame really as they do have decent quality furniture, however I pant hope but wish for the uk management team to fall on their swords and give some other people a chance to turn their business around.
If I did not have the misfortune to have to call the customer service centre, I would be a repeat furniture customer, however there is no way I would have anything delivered by them again, I simply do not trust them as a retailer....they have no service for their customers once they leave the store, which is crazy given the amount of repeat custom they must get....
Rant over, but I do feel like contacting their head office to advise them just how shoddy an operation the uk country management are running!!!!!!