Chair not fit for purpose

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

bournerpoodle's review of Ikea

“Chair not fit for purpose”

Written on: 16/12/2012 by bournerpoodle (1 review written)

We 2 armchairs and a sette from Ikea Leeds. One of the armchairs started to discolour on the arm and instead of being grey became khaki green - yuk - so reported it to Ikea who sent what was supposed to be an independent firm to look at it and take pictures. The man arrived and duly took pics and said would write a report and in about a week I should hear from Ikea. In fact we had a phone call the next day to say the report said it was not a manufacturers fault. Surprise, surprise. The report said it was colour transfer from my husband's clothing. We have had settees/chairs for 44 years and this has never happened before. How can this be when he wears different clothing each day, the same shirts/tops/jumpers also touch the back of the cvhait but that has stayed the original colour. They are supposed to be sending me a copy of the report but it has not arrived as yet. My next port of call will have to be Trading Standards as this cahir was only purchased 10 months ago and we ahve been over 2 months away. We use the room evening only from 7pm. In other words the chair has hardly been used so the fabric is obviously not fit for the purpose. They were very 'kind' by offering to find some material to match and we could pay the man who came to write the report to replace it. I think not, this sounds like some kind of con to make somebody some money - not us. Thge chair in question is a Ekenas Tullinge brown grey so be beware before purchaing.

• LEEDS