EXCELLENT ON EVERY LEVEL

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Ikea

“EXCELLENT ON EVERY LEVEL”

Written on: 14/11/2012

My wife and I read a lot of reviews of Ikea before we shopped there and many were not good, so we went to the Bristol store with a degree of trepidation. The aim of the visit was to buy two sofas. OK, the method of shopping in Ikea stores is not conventional, particularly having to follow a lengthy route around the store before you get to the check out, but you get used to it - and there are plenty of short cuts if you ask a staff member. I have to say that every staff member my wife and I spoke to was unfailingly helpful, polite and knowledgeable and we soon found the sofas we wanted. The guy in the furniture department took a great deal of trouble to guide us through the selection, collection, payment and booking of delivery, and it all went super-smoothly. The sofa arrived at our house - some 100 miles away three days later - exactly when they said it would - and the delivery people carried it to where we wanted to unpack it. Assembly was absolutely straightforward and it was accomplished in about half an hour from box to covers on for each sofa. We are very happy with the quality and also the price. We will certainly recommend Ikea to our friends and will shop there again. One more thing - we had a very pleasant Swedish lunch in the store too!

• bristol