45 minutes in checkout

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Ikea

“45 minutes in checkout”

Written on: 13/04/2012

After speninding $398.08 at IKEA I came home, frazzled, frustrated and missing items. I had two cart loads I was expected to scan myself. Many items I needed "help" with because it was in the computer wrong. I was hurried through the line by a "checker" who pressed me and took one of my carts to an unknown location.
Through all the heat, press and confusion the carpet was left behind. I got in line around 3:00 and my receipt says 15:42. IKEA I feel you really screwed up. At least a couple of checker lines should have been open. Or I guess I should have been much, much, much meaner, told the employeed to go away and stop hurrying me, to fix the problems in the computer now and never come back. But I think IKEA is better than this. I did see 3 employees standing by the doors as I left. REALLY, is this how you run your business?
I called the store and got a frustrating run around and then was told unless an employee picked it up (I saw a guy throwing things in a cart to put back, not to keep for people who already purchased it) it was unlikely that I would ever see the carpet or a refund to my account.
I am very frustrated with your store and your horrible, horrible, horrible "service".