Order Fiasco

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Dunelm Mill

“Order Fiasco”

Written on: 10/12/2012

I ordered a bedroom 3 drawer chest on-line from Dunelm Mill in Nov 2012. I received an email confirming receipt of the order and a latest date of 27th Nov for delivery. On 29th Nov I received another email advising that the courier would telephone me in advance to discuss delivery. On 6th Dec I received an email telling me that my order had been cancelled, without providing any explanation. I then went on the Dunelm website to see whether or not there was a possible stock issue before ringing Customer Services. The website confirmed that there were no stock issues and the Customer Service representative also confirmed that there were 500 units of the required furniture items in stock. He could offer no explanation for the cancellation of my order and said that the person who cancelled it did not leave any notes on the computer. I was then transferred to a supervisor called Haley Kenyon who assured me that she would deal with it and ring me back the following morning at the latest. Needless to say, I didn't receive any call and subsequent calls to her have either been disconnected or ignored.

I can't believe that any firm in the middle of a major recession can behave in such a manner. Perhaps a letter to the Chief Executive might be my only option. We'll see.

Trev123's Comment

Written on: 28/01/2013

yes we have had the very same problem in 2012....and are expriencing the same problem as i type28th Jan 2013...should never have given them a second chance...utterly abysmal..