These fridges are popular for a reason!

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Smeg FAB 28 Retro

“These fridges are popular for a reason!”

Written on: 11/05/2013

I've had my red Smeg fridge freezer for about 7 years now without any real problems. Yes, you do have to regularly defrost the freezer section or it gets really iced up.I think one of the shelves broke when I was cleaning it but no hassle to replace it. I'm thinking about replacing the red fridge with a cream one but as there's still a few years' wear left in it, I'll sell the red one for a couple of hundred quid. Because of all the bad press the Smeg retro fridges get, I have looked around over the years for an alternative retro looking fridge but I've never found one that looks anywhere as good - this is why they are so hugely popular. I had quite a nice LEC retro fridge some years back because it was a lot cheaper but it didn't last long and they don't seem to be available any more. That's why I'll be sticking with Smeg. Style over substance? Well, it's probably not the best fridge in the world, it's expensive but I challenge you to find a better looking one!

• More than 1 year