Absolute rubbish - just bought, freezer doesn't work...

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

dani_cali's review of Samsung RL40PGIH

“Absolute rubbish - just bought, freezer doesn't work...”

Written on: 23/09/2012 by dani_cali (4 reviews written)

Samsung Fridge Freezer RL40 review:

I got rid of my 4 year old Frigidaire because it was smaller, didnt cool drinks enough, had warm patches in the fridge where I feared food would go off, and freezer was manual defrost, which is a pain. Saved up, and bought this Samsung for £550. Sales person promised that fridge temp would go as low as -1c, and freezer would go to -25c.

I followed instructions by the book as far as waiting before switching on etc, then went out and bought some ice and some frozen food, and put in the freezer overnight. in the morning, opened freezer. not even frosty, even though set to minimum temp (lowest temp). ice cream went soft, and ice half melted. the manual has NOTHING in it about this problem, neither do any websites ive spent a bl**dy hour looking for. fridge works, but drinks arent much colder than in my old fridge.

Going to go into shop where I bought this tomorrow and go to war. I am SICK and TIRED of products that do not work or that are mis-advertised or mis-sold. Going to demand this fridge be collected and me refunded, I dont even want the effing thing 'repaired,' because its brand new and it shouldnt have to be.

Also annoyed nobody else has bothered to warn about this fridge - I cant possibly be the first to have had this happen to me, yet there's nothing on Amazon, and nothing on this site either (I did check before buying).

KEEP AWAY from this fridge, or you're asking for a nightmare

My old Frigidaire, ironically, never broke down, so I'd sooner recommend that than this Samsung pice of s**t that cost me loads more

Samsung management ought to be ashamed.

YOU DO NOT GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, NOT ANYMORE AND NOT IN THE UK I AM NOW AFRAID TO BUY ANYTHING ANYMORE ITS JUST TOO MUCH HASSLE NOTHING WORKS HERE

• Under a month